Saturday 2 July 2011

FIELD NOTES

 

As I mentioned yesterday  Trine sent me a wonderful hand made journal

IMG_4509

And today as if by magic the Fields gave me inspiration to fill two pages.

I am not the Worlds most knowledgeable  Birder but I do love to watch and listen to the various birds that come into my garden/field.

And today I had the pleasure of seeing and hearing.

SWALLOWS

BLACKBIRDS

ROBINS

COLLARED DOVE

WOOD PIGEON

FERRAL PIGEON

WOODPECKER

BLUETITS

SPARROWS

MAGPIES

CROWS

ROOKS

BUZZARDS

THRUSH

And so Trines journal has been put to good use with the list of birds ,feathers left behind after a small affray and a new technique  I am trying , printing on cotton tape.

IMG_4516

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a joy it must be to have your day filled with the music of so many different birds! We have a family of warblers who have taken up residence in one of our birdhouses. They rise early, about 4:30am. How does such a call come from such a tiny being! Love your journal from Trine and I recognize some of those birds as some flew across the ocean to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marilyn it was indeed a joy ! and after I had posted that I spotted the tiniest of wrens on the bird bath ,so in one day I had the largest (BUZZARD ) and the smallest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your birds and journalling inside them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow lucky you getting such a lovely comforting present..fantastic pages already you will fill this in no time with your great art

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing other people's 'birds' work. my mind is filled with birdies at the moment... Happy creating x m

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the birds, I love to see them, I love to feed them. I don't like it when they fly BANG right into my window. I was very upset when I found the present Miles hid for me - a dead pigeon - under my knitting bag. But, generally I love them all and I adore your pretty journal Mary. What a lot of birds visit you. I hope the one that sings outside my window at 4 am flies off to visit you soon too :)
    LOL Hugs -Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful journal and great work Mary! I really love what you did!

    ReplyDelete