Tuesday 6 December 2011

Just a few more

 

I do not seem to have done very much art lately  as the dogs were taking up my time.

IMG_6173

I have made 10 more since this was taken.

I am taking part in my first circle journal swap starting in February, I find this quite daunting as I will be adding my art to someone else's which is quite a responsibility.

I have got as far as making my journal ,but knowing me I may change it before we start.

IMG_6189

That is a circle cut from the front, done with my Sizzix of course.

I struggled with last months prompt for the monthly journal pages,Liz over at Milliande does a great job with this swap but I really had to think hard.

Inner Critic depicted as a monster

IMG_6190

and a page about something we take for granted

IMG_6191

IMG_6192

I chose birds for this because when I returned home yesterday i was greeted by a Robin singing which was wonderful.

These pages are going to Beckie in the USA and it is her first swap,because I was not truly happy with them I have done a extra one,

IMG_6193

Which I am happy with.

Trine over at  http://timeout-trine.blogspot.com/  will be doing guided hiking tours in Scotland next year ,please check out her website

http://www.timeouttravel.dk/tot/forsiden.html

Trine ask the members of our circle group to create a page incorporating the words Time Out, and using a specified list of supplies.

This was my first attempt which is OK ,I thought I was being clever using a page from a map of the destination area

IMG_6175

I think it is a little washed out,

IMG_6187

IMG_6186

IMG_6185

Then on reading the list again I saw that we could use acrylics,so I made another one.

IMG_6196

A little more colour this time.

Last winter when we had a burst pipe a lot of my paintings got very wet ,but this little lady survived ,and she is now brightening up my kitchen.

IMG_6180

And of course this other little Lady will be in my care tomorrow,and as you can see she is a budding artist.

IMG_6178

When she leaves I am spending the afternoon demonstrating my Sizzix to a friend who has just bought one for herself.

And just to finish I would like to say thank  you  to Jackie Nicholls from Texas one of my Facebook friends who sent a lovely card and letter to my mother and made her day.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Mary the doggies are incredibly cute! And another "Oohhhh" for the journal pages! They are stunning! That is something I should try "for real" and not only dream about it. Don't know why, but every time I try to do a journal page, it turns out so ugly. Maybe there are some rules or directions I should search for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sonja,Why not join the monthly swap on milliande,these small pages are only 7"x5" with a 1 inch border.Liz gives us 2 prompts each month and they are not much bigger than a ATC and you are brilliant at those.I am much more worried about the circle journal as that is something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love her green fingers! great journal pages particularly like the birds one and those dogs are really cute..dont like dogs really but like these

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those dogs. So cheerful with all the pink and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little precious scotties. You really have been a busy bee. They make me think of the two little ones that we used to have.

    ReplyDelete