Thursday 4 August 2011

A BOUNTY FROM FLORIDA

 

The plan was to fill an envelope each month  with various items and send it to each other. Die cuts and stamped images were mentioned  and that is what  I sent, and that is what I thought I would get back, but of course Kit had to go just one step further.

LOOK what arrived today.

IMG_4935

IMG_4937

IMG_4939

IMG_4942

IMG_4944

IMG_4947

And the most delightful mini album.

IMG_4949

IMG_4950

IMG_4952

IMG_4954

IMG_4956

IMG_4957

IMG_4958

IMG_4960

Can you imagine how excited I was.

THANK YOU

Now here are my two pages for the July swap hosted by LIZ  http://studioartplay.blogspot.com/ over at milliande.

KITES

IMG_4924

I used a page from a world map and added gesso and ink. It was finished with tissue, die cuts, pens , ribbons and vintage quotations.

 

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

IMG_4927

 

IMG_4929

 

IMG_4932

I used acrylic paint on the card and then scratched it off with sandpaper , images taken from my image collection ,TIM HOLTZ number and the clock hands cut from a TIM HOLTZ  SIZZIX die weathered clock. The spiral is also a SIZZIX die. And a quotation.

IMG_4933

Flowers cut from the fused plastic bags I made a couple of days ago.

The large flowers are 5 inches across.

As it was much cooler today and we had rain I walked on the sea wall with Wilson  .These photos were taken with various apps on my iPhone.

IMG_4962

IMG_4964

IMG_4967

IMG_4969

IMG_4970

Todays random image for you to use.

VL05-004

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your journal pages for July. It is always so interesting to me to see how everyone works with the prompts. Your Day The Earth Stood Still page is AWESOME! Love the spiral metal piece and how it opens up. Clever, clever. Now you just need to remember to send them to Mel and not me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still laughing about that Liz ,I only saw the Me. Thank you for the comment the spiral is fun and I guess it is really a Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, I am lost for words! Everything is so beautiful! What a great package of goodies, and the album, I love it! I also LOVE your photos! What a lovely place to have a walk! But your journal pages...so much imagination, so much color, amazing!

    ReplyDelete