Tuesday 20 September 2011

Catching Up

 

Wet weather has given me time to catch up with swaps.

The Owl  which I made for the swap over at  http://milliande.ning.com will be flying the nest tomorrow.

IMG_5548

I should call him Sizzix as i used various Sizzix dies to cut the shapes from aluminium and tin. The wings are coloured with alcohol inks ,and the body and mount is cut from mount board and embossed with embossing folders.

IMG_5547

The leaves were also cut from tin and embossed .

I have also finished the ATCs for the windows swap hosted by Patty also at  http://milliande.ning.com

This was my original plan IMG_5575

IMG_5574

IMG_5576

They were cut with a Sizzix Pro die and actually as you can see are the same height as a ATC. They do fold to fit but were a little bulky so I decided on another design.

IMG_5578

Three of these are on the way to Las Vegas

IMG_5568

IMG_5553

I have made them like stained glass windows and can be hung in a window to catch the light.

IMG_5551

IMG_5555

IMG_5557

Todays random image

701775

3 comments:

  1. great owl woo hoo..love the ATCS and those houses will be great for halloween or perhaps advent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE how you use different materials Mary. You are an inspiration to me! The owl is SO cute, as all the ATCs are. So much imagination, so much color, absolutely gorgeous! And that idea with the stained glass - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the houses..work colourful and vibrant as usual my friendxxx

    ReplyDelete