Sunday 18 September 2011

Inchies and Stitches

 

I had an email from my good friend Sonja  http://artfrommysoul.wordpress.com/  who I admire so much her work is wonderful,so please check out her blog. Sonja pointed out a swap I had missed over at http://milliande.ning.com Halloween Inchies hosted by my sailing friend Lois in Massachusetts.

I signed up straight away as inchies always seem manageable after all they are only one inch square and this is what i made this evening.

IMG_5529 

each one is on a piece of calico which has been stiffened and stitched around the edge.I stained them  and added colour with sharpies. I assembled them using buttons,net,ribbons and SIZZIX die cuts . The bats are the size I cut them,but the rats and crow are cut from shrink plastic and reduced in size.

IMG_5519 

Before

IMG_5520

After

I coloured them with sharpies.

IMG_5517

IMG_5526

Yesterday except for Wilson I had the house to myself ,as my husband had gone to Wales on a trip with a group of other motorcyclists.  My youngest son also went and this is the head gear he wore.

IMG_5507

 

Yes that is a camera on his head.

It rained on and off all day and  I could not settle to do much so  I just played with the sewing machine, and made these .

IMG_5535

They are not brilliant ,but it was good to practice applique.

I was a little worried when looking after Little Miss X last week that she may have plans to become a Pole Dancer.

IMG_5503

IMG_5501

IMG_5498

I have to thank Debra also from  Massachusetts for my journal pages I received from her , this swap also takes place over at

http://milliande.ning.com

IMG_5510

IMG_5511

IMG_5513

The colours and textures are lovely.

I also received a wonderful Card from Lorraine http://loveofcollage.blogspot.com/ just  to say she was thinking of me in my child minding role. please check out her blog she creates some great art.

IMG_5516

todays random image

 

209313

6 comments:

  1. Your inchies are so wonderful, love all the fun details. And I enjoy your picture trail too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah Mary, i guess she wants to follow in Grandma's steps, likin' that pole, lol.
    all your little inches are very fun, but i donot kno if my fingers can manage something so small, good work on all your lovelies..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, the inchies are gorgeous!!! LOVE them! But I am surprised to see what you have been doing in your spare time, because that's exactly what I've been doing!!! I also made some hearts, very similar to the ones you made, and some ornaments! I honestly couldn't believe it! You might think I'm some crazy woman, but I have a feeling (right from the start) of some kind of connection with you, like I've known you for much longer than I actually do, and I also feel that we have at least a little bit of a similarity in our work (don't ask how or why), and now that I said that, I hope you won't delete me from your contacts. :)))
    Of course, I love the journal page and the card, great artwork! But Miss X and her dance are the cutest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never delete you Sonja :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the inchies! They rock!!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I was getting withdrawal symptoms not seeing your fab art! Love your inchies! Halloween is my favourite holiday.
    Your granddaughter looks a lot like you! She's gonna be a heart breaker :)

    ReplyDelete