Saturday, 12 February 2011


Yesterday i had planned to spend the morning with my Mother and Sister In Law in Bath where they live .It is only 25/40 miles away depending on the route but it always seems to be a major journey. One route takes me most of the way on the motorway which is the longest but fastest way but early mornings it is horrible with everyone rushing from A to B. The plus side of this route is the beautiful views as you  drive through the countryside and descend down into the ROMAN city of BATH .
On the other route you have about 6 miles of motorway and then you are on the ring road which takes you around the suburbs of Bristol and ends up at Keynsham a small town near Bristol. This used to be the home of CADBURYS chocolate but the company was sold and the factory closed last week.
From here it is about 15 mins drive to the center of BATH
Yesterday I took the latter route and arrived in good time for our meet up but at that point things went wrong.
This had been planned to entertain my mother who is suffering with memory problems and anxiety while my Father who is 84 was having his second course of Chemotherapy. But due to unforeseen problems our meet up up turned into a very quick pot of tea in Marks and Spencers and we had to leave.
This was a shame because I do not get a chance to do this very often my Sister In Law is amazing she has a very calm nature and and has been a wonderful help to my parents in fact I am not sure they would be here without her.
She was unable to Take Mum home as she had to rush off to pick up my Niece which meant I had to do the 10 min  trip. I of course did not mind but I do not enjoy this route . Although the scenery is amazing and the  little hamlet is idyllic the lanes are so narrow I am on edge in case I meet other vehicles.And building work on the cottage next door means access is poor.

You cannot tell from these pictures how small this cottage is and I grew up here with two brothers and a variety of animals with no running water and no bathroom .The extension you can see was not there we had 2 rooms up stairs and 2 down when I say rooms I  should really say 1 room up with a small adjoining space and the same downstairs .We were cramped.

I was about 18 when this was taken
When I got home I was shattered i felt drained everything had been such a rush but a little visitor came to see me pity I could not have taken a better picture.
As I knew i was expecting a delivery at 7am this morning an early night was called for I was in bed by 10 but could not actually get off to sleep so i read and listened to the radio. At 11.30 Wilson our Labrador started shaking his head and  panting heavily. He has always suffered with his ears from a very young age but this came on very quickly I think it was just irritating him so much his panting got worse and I sat up with him until 3.30 am trying to calm him down . I even gave him RESCUE REMEDY hoping this would calm him down. He kept asking to go out but each time just ended up doing circuits of the garden in a desperate attempt to stop the irritation.I managed a couple of hours of sleep on the sofa before he woke me again at 5.30 am. 

 He has slept a lot today

So as you can imagine there has been no art work done today Milliande suggested we post pictures of accidental hearts in nature and this was a pebble I picked up on the local beach.

1 comment:

  1. love your pebble hope you have a better day tomorrow and have a decent nights sleep tonight