Wednesday 2 February 2011

OWLS AND OLD AGE

Monday I was visited by the SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE   Hawk and Owl Trust.This was because I had found pellets in my barn and I wanted to know what had left them. It was decided that it most likely was a Barn Owl but there may also have been a Short Eared Owl  we were watched by my now  resident Buzzard a truly magnificent bird.
 I made the mistake of washing my hair before they arrived and I spent the best part of an hour walking frosty fields with wet hair several hours later I was still trying to get warm.
Grandma's Cottage AKA empty stable

The children leaving

Yesterday I played host to 25 young children from the local village school they were doing the story of LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD  and they came to visit Grandma's cottage AKA my empty stables .I hung a few lanterns and put in an old chair and hung bells on the door. It was a shame it was very overcast with a heavy drizzle but they behaved very well and asked a lot of questions about Grandma which I was not expecting so a lot of bluffing went on.I did not like to take photos not sure on the privacy laws.
As they left the the stable I asked the Teacher if they would like to see the Buzzard and although they all live in the village they had never seen one. And then I asked if they would like to visit again in the summer to which they all shouted yes please. Their teacher then asked if they could come for a picnic I am so pleased that they will introduced to nature on their doorstep. We are a very small village but I expect several of these children have never been in a field full of wild flowers. ROLL ON SUMMER.

After they had left a quick trip to Costco was called for then a nice walk along the Sea wall with The Big Black Lab.
We have new INSPIRED BY prompts on milliande .com the first one being Joan Miro
here is my 4 attempts.


pretty bird

BRIDGE,RIVER,FISH

BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS

BLACK FISH

Today I went to my parents house it is only 25 miles away  but sometimes the journey seems like 125 miles. I think I have mentioned before Dad has Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma after 8 years in remission and he looks so frail. Their cottage is tiny and I mean TINY 2 rooms up 2 rooms down and jammed packed with years of collecting all covered in  dust .And at the moment they have a mouse problem not good when you have an elderly patient with a reduced immune system. The plan was i was going to clear out the space they call  the kitchen measuring 8 x6 ft approx . After 4 hours and several sacks of rubbish it did not look much different really the cottage needs gutting and rebuilding but at their age this is not an option.I also had such a headache I just could not do any more I think this was caused by the thought of how bad it all was.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have always enjoyed the art of Joan Miro and your interpretations are lively and fun.
    I really like the bursts of color.

    ReplyDelete