Sunday 30 January 2011

SUNNY DAY

It has been  such a glorious day  that there was no way I could bring myself to stay in.It was bright but quite cold I decided to tackle some of the jobs that needed doing in the farm yard. In the winter everything dies back and this leaves a lot places where we could have intruders so I  filled in the gaps with dead branches wire netting and anything else I could find. This is not the prettiest of solutions but in just a couple of weeks it will be covered by this years growth. Tomorrow I am being visited by someone from the Hawk and Owl Trust to advise me on Owl boxes   if he confirms the pellets I found were from a Barn Owl . I am quite excited I love to see the wildlife inhabit the empty buildings.
Tyre tracks left by Tractor after hedge cutting

a sheet of metal roofing in the rhine
I have walked around the fields a couple of times today and this afternoon as the sun was low in the sky quite ordinary things looked  striking in the suns glow.

Erosion bundle
I am hoping the rain we have forecast for this week will kick start my Erosion Bundle it looks the same as it did when I hung it up.

1 comment: