Tuesday 24 May 2011

CLEAN UP

 

I knew after my last post that I just had to de-clutter after all it must be easier to create in a tidy place .

So thank goodness it was a wet day and  I was motivated to clean up.I have a long way to go but at least a start has been made.

BEFORE

IMG_3658

AFTER

IMG_3734

Yes that is the same desk

Yesterday I posted a photo on Facebook of my pile of sketchbooks/journals which created a bit of journal envy.

IMG_3702

IMG_3700

I felt very ashamed that only only 4 had ever been used and I had even purchased another yesterday.

IMG_3707

but it had been hard to resist

I decided to sort out actual journals from the collection of watercolour/acrylic/pastel and cartridge pads.

And this was the result.

IMG_3746

Now I do not feel so guilty

They are mainly the simple plain ones with a few small Moleskines but I just have 4 special ones including the Bird one from yesterday.

IMG_3735

I have a problem with my art space in the summer as it is a North facing room and I have a ornamental vine growing outside the window which makes it dark. I could cut it back but if you look closely you will see one of my many bird boxes and the vine is a great camouflage

P5240002.

IMG_3723

IMG_3661

If you could only hear the noise coming from this box.

I would just like to thank you all for your kind comments on my parents health My Father has been released from hospital  he is still very frail and their home is not really suitable for them with their  health issues.But it is where they want to be and hopefully we can arrange for some support.

2 comments:

  1. sorry... I like the 'before' photo first, make me feel at home LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mary, can I hire you to clear up my workspace, lol x

    ReplyDelete